I don’t know where it came from, but the other day the thought popped into my head: I don’t have a disclaimer on my blog. Since one of my motto is “better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it” I decided it was about time to get one.
I started my research with my friend, Google, which turned up a ton of resources to beg, borrow and steal. As clever and humorous as some of the disclaimers are, I prefer to come up with my own material so I sat myself down with a nice Cold-Coffee, Homemade Pizza and some Popcorn too because while writing this up I am at my home because of Corona Virus and cannot go out.
I’m not a lawyer and there might be some points I may have forgotten. If there are, I’m not responsible for them. At the end I am a Human Being which can tend to forget things but being professional is what I never forget.
HE SAYS THAT BLOG DISCLAIMER – THINGS I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR
- Content: This is a personal blog. All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of anyone else. If I ever have an employer he/she would not be responsible. Any group, organization, religion, agency or entity that I may be associated with would not be responsible either. It’s all about me, me, me, only me, and I like it that way. It’s just what I hear or learn, I write it here. If anything you felt is wrong please do let me know through this Contact Me Page and I will either correct it or will delete it completely according to our mutual understanding. Content needs to build and to build it you need to read somewhere. Yes, I might have read it somewhere and then only I will be able to write it here for you. But whatever written here are all my own created words and not at all copied from any other blog post.
- Mistakes and Stupidity: I may make a mistake or say something stupid. Actually, chances are pretty good that I’ll do both at some point. I’ll do my best to refrain from stupidity (It’s ironic that I had to retype “stupidity” three times to get it right) but I don’t make any promises. I’m only human and make mistakes just like everyone else – probably more than everyone else. Waaay more. Just for the record; any mistakes belong to me and me alone. Not that I want to claim them but since they’re mine I’m kinda stuck with them. I am already SORRY for the mistakes done in the blog. Thank you for understanding!
- Copyright: Since most everything in the blog comes from my brain, it belongs to me. It’s still all about me. But if you like a post feel free to link to it! You may use a portion less than 1/3 if you’re going to be picky of a post as long as you link to the original post and give me credit. If you want to use more than 1/3 of a post please contact me to request permission. I’ll probably say “Sure, go ahead!” Thank you for respecting my intellectual and the not-so-intellectual property. I will not at all make a claim on that part of your blog post because you have taken permission from me.
- Affiliate: Yes, I write blogs post for free here. I am currently not getting paid for what I write. In the future, I may get Sponsored Post which will be tagged accordingly. While browsing my website you may find some links which will take you to some other shopping websites. Let me inform you if you click them the amount you will see over there is the only amount you are going to pay and nothing extra.
HE SAYS THAT BLOG DISCLAIMER- THINGS I’M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Eternal Accuracy: The information in this web blog is provided “as is” with no warranties and confers no rights. I’ll do my best to make sure all the information, including links, are accurate at the time of posting but there’s no guarantee that information posted today will still be valid or accurate in the future.
- Incoming Links: I can’t control who links to me. If I could you can bet I’d be setting myself up for some major PR juice! If you see a questionable site linking to my blog take it up with them, not me. I don’t submit my blog to “link farms” or directories so if they find me it was all on their own.
- Personal Offense: I promise to try my best not to not knowingly injure, defame, or libel anyone. If content matter, bad grammar, slang or punctuation translates or is interpreted as something bad in your country or culture it was certainly not my intent and I will not be held responsible for it. If you’re bound and determined to find insult where none was intended feel free to close the window and not return.
- Bad Decisions: My intention is to do no harm to you. I’m not a doctor, lawyer, therapist, trainer, chef, or any other type of trained expert so what I write is not to be taken as fact nor absolute. Use your own brainpower instead of mindlessly making decisions based on what I write. You won’t be compensated in any way if you suffer a loss/damage/inconvenience because something is written on this blog.
- Making Money: At one time I was 100% against accepting any money for writing on My Happy Crazy Life. Then I had to renew the domain, pay to host, and gasp! ran out of coffee money all in the same month! After careful consideration, I decided that it was possible to fund my caramel macchiato habit while keeping my integrity. For instance, the ads in the right sidebar will hopefully cover yearly hosting and coffee expenses. Hosting is easy; it’s the coffee allowance I’m worried about.I’m still against paid recommendations disguised as personal opinion, so anything I rave about is because I want to share something amazing with you – not because I was paid to say it. However, I’m willing to consider sponsored posts if the product or service is one I’d really truly use or have used and like. No matter what, I promise that anything I write here is my own honest opinion – whether I’m getting the coffee allowance for it or not.
- Comments: Feel free to disagree with me or tell me I’m completely crazy in the comments section of each blog entry. Please be polite because my feelings are easily hurt. I reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever – like abusive, profane, rude, anonymous comments, and spam. Once a comment passes moderation I won’t be held responsible for the contents of blog comments. And I’m not responsible for any laws that may be broken in any country through the content, implication, and intent of blog comments. Don’t bother commenting just to spam your site cuz I’m on to you and will delete your comment but if you’re leaving an honest-to-goodness comment please link to your blog or site – I’d love to see it!
- Data Collected: While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, First name, and last name, Phone number, Address, Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City and Cookies and Usage Data. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
- Usage Data: We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Tracking Cookies Data: Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Security of Data: The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.